Thursday, October 7, 2010

The NBA is coming! The NBA is coming!

The preseason is upon us and there is excitement in the air in the year that follows the fabled 2010 free agency period. Every sports journalist on the planet had their dreams come true with Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James teamed up in Miami, and that is NOT what I plan on talking about. I want to talk about the Sacramento Kings.

Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins, Omri Casspi, Jason Thompson and Donte Greene! I know all of these names are completely random and probably could be made up, but all of these young men are cornerstones in the new Sacramento Kings journey to the championship. I will probably do a more in-depth analysis of the team when the season actually rolls around, but for now, I'm going on the record with a prediction of their final record:

32-50

Pretty bold, right? Well this record would actually be a major improvement from last year's 25-57 record and 2008-2009's abysmal17-65 record. I fully expect DMC to compete for Rookie of the year and I would not be surprised if Omri Casspi gets into the discussion for 6th man of the year within the next two or three seasons. Also, if it seems like 32-50 isn't that big of a step in the right direction, look at what OKC did the year after they were the worst team in the league at 20-62. They went 23-59 and then 50-32. I don't expect the Kings to do that kind of damage but it will only be Tyreke Evans' second year in the league, wherein Kevin Durant was in his third year when he got the Thunder to the playoffs. And if you need clarification, yes, I am calling Tyreke Evans the Kevin Durant of the Kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment